Spongebob Squarepants: Planktons Robotic Revenge powers on!
Another Spongebob game is out, this time by Activision, and it’s a 3D platformer with lots of minions to get rid of.
A bunch of puzzles to solve, heaps of enemies and a boring boss that resurrect is what dominates this game. And oh, not a lot of levels/content.
The CGI graphics gives a fresh feeling to the characters, as it differs from the TV series – personalities and characters are still clearly the ones from the series dispite this.
You can choose to play with up to 5 different characters, so it’s a shame that the characters are just the same as the next one, only the skin is what changes. If there had been applied some skills to each character (higher jump, more strength in melee attacks, auto aim) there could have been some enticement in replaying at least some of the levels.
What makes up for the lack of character skills, is that you can make your weapons stronger or make them more effective against certain enemies.
The game is colourful and features 4 player co-op which is something not many games have these days – which is a good thing to have for the people who want to play together on the couch.
The worst thing about this game is the lack of ideas for the boss battles – it’s the same boss with more life and bullets that appears at the end of each chapter.
- Play as 5 of your favorite characters’ SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy, Squidward and Mr. Krabbs.
- Switch between them as often as you’d like!
- Jump in and out of gameplay at any time with 3 of your friends. If at least one player continues, so does the game!
- Travel across lands from the show: Bikini Bottom, Rock Bottom and Dutchman’s Triangle.
- Embark on side quests to level-up your abilities and “doodad” artillery!